Parents and Volunteers
Find resources and information below to help parents and volunteers strengthen and maintain 4-H clubs.
4-H Parent & Volunteer Conferences
Conferences for parents and volunteers help strengthen the local club or project group experience. Volunteers, extension educators and specialists are needed to instruct 1 and 2 hour workshops. A Southeast Conference is also held yearly for parents and volunteers.
Clubs are vital because they are the ultimate in experiential learning for young
people, giving them the leadership and power to make their own decisions
and watch how those decisions effect their life and the lives of others! View more information on management practices on the club management page.
Encouraging Project Work in our Members
- Developing Project Work - The work completed by individual 4-H members.
- Project Group - Small groups of youth focused on one particular project lead by a Project Leader.
- 4-H Curriculum - 4-H curriculum should always be the first source of information in developing a project. The curriculum has been designed with age appropriate information and focus on the skills and knowledge a member should attain at any one particular stage in their 4-H project work. Youth are encouraged to excel and branch out into other areas through project exploration. If Oklahoma 4-H doesn't have what you need check out other state 4-H websites.
- Orientation for New Families/Parents - PowerPoint with notes for club leader or volunteer to use with the enrollment process.
- Brochure for New Parents
View important information sheets below for club and member's success.
View tools below to help maintain charter clubs.
- Annual Club Self-Assessment Tool Checklist - A club should complete an annual self-assessment. The county may have a program in place, if they do not use the checklist and work through it with the club officers.
- Club Charter Renewal Form - Annually complete by the county office in conjunction with club leadership.
- Authorization Sample Letter
- Electronic Scrapbook Guide - Instructions for creating an electronic Scrapbook
- Club Funds Treasurer Guide
- 4-H: United States Department of Agriculture/National Institute of Food and Agriculture
- Use of the 4-H Name and Emblem
- Oklahoma 4-H Club Leader Facebook
- 4-H Today Newsletter
Volunteer Recognition (Salute to Excellence Awards)
The Oklahoma 4-H Salute to Excellence Volunteer Recognition Award recognizes 4-H volunteers who demonstrate exemplary service to 4-H, while promoting service through volunteerism as both an opportunity and a privilege. Certified 4-H volunteers can be nominated for Volunteer of the Year award (less than 10 years of service) and Outstanding Lifetime Volunteer Award (10+ years of service) at the county/district/state level. Nominee must be a single individual, no teams. Nomination Packet consist of a resume, three letters of recommendation, and a photograph. Nominee must come through the county and be submitted to the District office no later than March 14th each year. View the application and guidelines.