4-H Day at the Capitol
4-H Day at the Capitol is an excellent opportunity for members to meet with State Representatives and Senators to share their 4-H story.
- 4-H Day at the Capitol will happen on April 5, 2023.
- Each county will be allowed to bring two delegates. It is recommended that delegates are 13 years of age and older. If counties have State Council Representatives, State Ambassadors, and District Officers they will count towards the two delegates. All participants in 4-H Day at the Capitol must have an active status in the online 4-H enrollment system.
- Additional members will be needed from Oklahoma, Tulsa and Cleveland Counties in order to meet with the additional legislators from those areas.
- You can get the registration application from your County Extension Educator.
- 4-H Day at the Capitol registration is due on February 3rd, 2023 to Gail Taylor.
There are 4 key focus areas of civic engagement: community engagement, service, civic education and personal development. Examples of each focus area:
- Youth Voice and Choice
- Informed Decision Making
- Social Justice
- Community Service
- Service Learning
- Community youth development
- Government principles, processes, and structures
- History and cultural heritage
- Personal roles and responsibilities
- Character development
- Critical thinking and problem solving