Human growth and development is the primary goal of the 4-H shooting sports program. Shooting sports are an outstanding way to provide human growth and development opportunities. Introducing safe and responsible use of firearms and archery equipment opens valuable vocational and life long recreational education. Listed below are resources and program information for 4-H members and coaches to get started in the shooting sports program.
Coach Certification Information
- Location/Date: Creek County Fairgrounds, August 26-27
Oklahoma 4-H Shooting Sports Ambassador Program
Oklahoma 4-H Shooting Sports is founded on Education with components of Recreation and Competition. In order to build on the Foundation of Education, Oklahoma 4-H Shooting Sports is launching a teen leadership opportunity through the Oklahoma 4-H Shooting Sports Ambassador Program. This program is open to youth who will be in the 9th-12 grade for the school year 2023-2024.
- Oklahoma 4-H Shooting Sports Ambassador Application (Due: April 10, 2023)
Find the 2022-2023 Shooting Sports contest dates, flyers, registration forms, additional contest information and results listed below.
Spring 2023 4-H Shooting Sports Mail-in series
The Spring 2023 4-H Shooting Sports Mail-in series is now open for registration. These events are governed by the State 4-H Office and will be used as a fundraiser for the 2023 National 4-H Shooting Sports Championships team. Registration will be emailed and mailed by the county office by the deadline of March 24, 2023 and then materials (scorecards/targets) will be sent to counties soon after that date.
Items will need to be postmarked for return by the following dates:
- Air Rifle/Air Pistol targets April 17, 2023
- Archery Scorecards May 1, 2023
- Trap/Skeet scorecards May 15, 2023
- .22 rifle/.22 pistol/muzzleloader scorecards May 30, 2023.
For those that do not know what a mail-in contest is, it is a contest that follows guidelines and procedures outlined in the letter but it is ran on a smaller scale by a certified 4-H Shooting Sports instructor in that discipline and following all rules and guidelines. These are flexible in the fact that they can be conducted on a county or multi-county level and at the convenience of the County Shooting Sports Instructors any time during the window between receiving materials and the postmark due date. We trust that these events will be conducted in a fair manner and we will provide official scorecards to help prevent unfair conditions or poor sportsmanship. This is a State 4-H Shooting Sports Contest, but it is just a fun event to help raise money for the National team, IT IS NOT THE QUALIFIER FOR NATIONALS!
Major County Statewide Archery Invitational
Major County 4-H will be hosting a statewide archery invitational contest on April 22nd at the Major County Fairgrounds.
Information and Registration:
- Contest Date: April 22, 2023
- Contact: email@example.com (580-227-3786)
- Major County Contest Information
- Major County Registration (Due: April 17, 2023)
2022-2023 Contest Results
- Major County 4-H Spring Archery Invitational | April 30
- State Skeet Contest | October 22
- State Trap Contest | October 23
- State .22 Rifle Contest | October 29
- State .22 Pistol Contest | October 29
- State Muzzleloader | October 30
- State Outdoor Archery | November 5
- State Sporting Clays | November 6
- Hunting Skills | November 6
- Overall State Shotgun Results
- Air Rifle and Air Pistol Contest | January 21
Other Shooting Sports Events
Submit events to be on the calendar
- This year, CMP will continue to award $1,000, $3,000 and $5,000 scholarships for over 90 rising high school seniors. Applicants will compete based on their rifle, pistol and/or shotgun competition history, academic excellence, community service, leadership and potential.
- The deadline to apply for a CMP Scholarship will be March 31, 2023.
- Registration and Information
Information and Resources
- Event Sign-in and Sign-out Sheet
- National 4-H Shooting Sports
- Nationals Selection Description
- Oklahoma 4-H Firearm or Ammunition Purchase Procedure
- Oklahoma 4-H Shooting Sports Firearms Exemption
- Oklahoma 4-H Shooting Sports Guidelines
- Shooting Sports Project Prep Guide
- Shooting Sports Brochure
- Youth Handgun Safety Act form