Record Book and Scholarship Information
Working on your 4-H Recordbook? Ruth Allard, former Cleveland County 4-H educator, gives great information for families about how to do a State Record Book.
Recognition is a tool that 4-H leaders can use to help each 4-H member have a satisfying experience in the 4-H Program. The question is--How can recognition be used to encourage desirable growth and development in boys and girls?
First, individual differences must be considered. Some 4-H members find in competition, the incentives for creative thinking and the encouragement to develop talents. Competing with one's past achievements helps the individual develop perspective on his past achievements, when measuring himself against the achievements of others.
For some individuals, measuring their abilities against others may only deepen a sense of inferiority. Others who are quite secure may not be interested in competitive efforts but will see the value of working cooperatively with groups in achieving certain goals.
The 4-H program strives to allow members a variety of learning experiences. Some activities allow members to work in groups, like in a club setting. While other activities, such as contests, allow the work of members to be judged against a standard or against peers.
4-H leaders and parents should evaluate activities on a regular basis to determine if competition and recognition are supporting an educational process. The learning process is always more important than the ribbon, and parents and leaders often need to reinforce the idea.
Resources for Record Book Keeping
An easy to use, fillable file to keep track of your monthly 4-H adventures.
2023 Oklahoma Awards Program
Tools for Understanding 4-H Record Books and Scholarships
- 2023 Oklahoma 4-H Awards Handbook
- 2023 Oklahoma 4-H Project Objectives
- 2023 Tips for Great Record Books
- Record Book numbers for 2020-2022
2023 Pickens Legacy Scholarships
Applications past due date
2023 Report Forms and Applications
- 2023 Oklahoma 4-H Report Form
- 2023 Oklahoma 4-H Certification Form
- 2023 Level III Scholarship Application
- 2023 Level IV Scholarship Application
- 2023 Dr. Ron and Linda Scholar Essay Content Guidelines and Entry Form
- 2023 Griffith Family Community Service Scholarship Application
- 2023 Key Club Application
- 2023 National 4-H Congress Application
- 2023 Noble Research Institute Soil Health and Regenerative Agriculture Scholarship
- 2023 Sidwell Family Agribusiness Scholarship
- 2023 Southeast District Scholarship Application
2023 Awards Program Score Sheets
- Level I and Level II Written Materials Score Sheets
- Level I and Level II Interview Score Sheets
- Hall of Fame Written Materials Score Sheet
- Hall of Fame Interview Score Sheet
- Level III Scholarship Score Sheet
- Level IV Scholarship Score Sheet
- Dr. Ron and Linda Scholar Essay Contest Score Sheet
- Enid News and Eagle Score Sheet
- Griffith Family Community Service Scholarship Score Sheet
- National Congress Score Sheet
- Noble Research Institute Soil Health and Regenerative Agriculture Scholarship Score Sheet
- Sidwell Family Agribusiness Scholarship Score Sheet
- Southeast District Scholarship Score Sheet
PowerPoints for 4-H Members
Database Information (Educators)
How to Combine PDF Files